UNIVERSITY OF LIBRARY STUDIES AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES (ULSIT) situated in Sofia, is one of the leading universities in Bulgaria with modern and dynamic development and national and international recognition (http://www.unibit.bg).
In 2017, ULSIT celebrates the 67th anniversary.
ULSIT is accredited by the National Accreditation and Evaluation Agency to deliver education in Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral degrees. It has professional preparation and educational competence and capacity in the field of:
- Library and Information Sciences and Social Communications
- Informatics and Computer Sciences
- National Security and
The University offers 15 Bachelor programs :
- Library Studies & Bibliography, Library and Information Management, Archives & Documentation, Printed Communications, Communication & Informing, Information Resources of Cultural and Historical Heritage, Information Resources of Tourism
- Computer Sciences, Information Technologies, Information Brokerage, Information Security, National Security etc.
22 Master’s programs, as well as a number of Doctoral programs.
ULSIT’s social mission is to prepare highly qualified, socially responsible, personally motivated and adaptive to the labor market specialists.
The University has the strategic aim for sustainable development as a leading higher school with a significant scientific, technological and innovative potential. It is capable of getting actively involved in the European Research and Innovation Area. In last 5 years ULSIT coordinates 4 Erasmus+ projects:
- IoTnuggets: IoTNuggets:Internet of Things security nuggets 2018-1-BG01-KA202-047919 (2018-2020)
- NAVIGATE: Information Literacy a Game-based Learning Approach for Avoiding Fake Content, Erasmus+ Project 2017-1-BG01-KA203-036383 (2017-2020)
- DigiThink: Design thinking for digital innovation, Erasmus+ Project 2016-1-BG01-KA203-023719, (2016-2018)
- APInno:Action Project for Innovation, Erasmus+ Project 2014-1-BG01-KA203-001561, (2015-2016) – отличен като добра практика в базите на Erasmus +
It is partner in 6:
- RedCyberSG: REDucing the CYBERsecurity Management Skills Gap in SMEs 2018-1-LV01-KA202-046987 (2018-2020)
- ARRANGE-ICT: pArtneRship foR AddressiNG mEgatrends in ICT 2018-1-BG01-KA203-048023 (2018-2020)
- LMPI: Licence, Master professionnels pour le developpement, l'administration, la gestion, la protection des systemes et reseaux informatiques dans les entreprises en Moldavie, au Kazakhstan, au Vietnam, Erasmus+ Project, (2016-2019)- 573901-EPP-1-2016-1-IT-EPPKAZ-CBHE-JP
- PICTET:EQF-based professional ICT training for Russia and Kazakhstan, 543808-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-BE-TEMPUS-JPHES, (2013-2016)
- FETCH:Future Education and Training in Computing: How to support learning at any time anywhere, 539461-LLP-1-2013-1-BG-ERASMUS-ENW, LLP (2013-2016)
- SoC:School on Cloud: connecting education to the Cloud for digital citizenship, LLP KA3-ICT Networks, 543221-LLP-1-2013-1-GR-KA3-KA3NW, (2013-2016)
In ICT area ULSIT coordinates 2 project from National Scientific Fund:
- KoMEIN: Conceptual Modeling and Simulation of Internet of Things Ecosystems, National Scientific Fund Project, Contract No. 02/1 / 13.12.2016 (2016-2019)
- Models of Cultural Heritage Socialization in a Smart City, National Scientific Fund Project, Contract No. 05/3/ 14.12.2016 (2016-2019)
ULSIT is a partner in the National projects:
- Center of Excellence in Informatics and ICT BG05M2OP01-1.001-003
- National Center for High Performance and Distributed Computing
- ICT for a Digital Single Market in Science Education and Security
- Development of product innovation - platform as a service in the field of ICT and informatics - BG16RFOP002-1.005-0064-C01
- Development of a new mobile payment service for kids - BG16RFOP002-1.005-0306-C01
- Development of a NB-IoT multifunctional sensor - BG16RFOP002-1.005-0261-C01
ULSIT has established partnerships with many European research and educational institutions, centers and high technological companies especially in the field of Library and Information Sciences, Internet technologies, educational technologies and etc.
The main university units are: Faculty of Library Studies and Cultural Heritage, Faculty of Information Sciences, and Department of Comprehensive Studies. In 2012 Interfaculty UNESCO Chair in ICT in Library Science, Education and Cultural Heritage was established. There are three research and innovation institutes associated to ULSIT: Institute for Research and Doctoral Studies, Institute for Research in the Field of Organisation, Management and Preservation of Cultural Heritage and Institute of Leadership in an Information Environment. In 2013, the University Youth Knowledge Academy, based on the new educational paradigm of UNESCO by accredited qualification to certified skills was established.